One thing we like to do is mix it up. We have over the years created all manner of websites and we are slowly adding them to our portfolio page so you can see our work. This article is about a local painters website we built.
Well we actually upgraded the site. Our customer was cold called and the interstate person sold a website that could not be found on the internet. Infact their website did not even work on mobile phones.
Then the interstate person then wanted to charge the poor painter lots of money each week to do search engine optimisation. Simply so he could be found on Google. He called us because he found us on google for Darwin SEO (yes we practice what we preach).
Our Initial audit of this Painters Website.
During the initial call I discovered quickly some of the problems. One thing the site had going for it was it looked incredible, the designer had done an amazing job. But this is where it ended. What we discovered, we have added below. But these are important things to keep in mind for all websites not just a painters website.
- The Site Was Not Mobile friendly.
- There were no search engine optimisation done on the original website.
- No Google Listing.
- No original images.
- It was possibly the slowest site on the internet, may have won an award, if there was one for worlds slowest speed.
How We made our Painter Happy.
We helped our customer take control of their website. We helped them move the site to our faster host and then we transferred the domain so that he had complete control.
Then we proceeded to rebuild his painters website on wordpress. Which was no mean feat because the old website was just about as old school as possible. It took a week from start to finish and another week until the search results started to happen.
Here’s What we Did.
- Converted Painters Website to WordPress
- Transferred host and domain name.
- Created Advertising Clip
- Helped Optimize google listing.
- Added Search Engine optimisation to website.
- Put Some local Darwin content on the website website.
- Uploaded the painters original optimised images online
- Carefully checked progress for the painters selected keywords.
Then released finished product for the painter to look after. This painters website ended up being fully managed by himself. He now uploads images and post whenever he needs. With me logging in from time to time if there are any issues. If you would like an awesome web design like this contact us.